Jessica (Lady Bonin Tea) and Thaya (Love Overberg) will be traversing the Overberg with the Lady Bonin gypsy Tea Caravan, for the #GonzoTeaTrek campaign, from 2-8 July, 2014. This is the first official campaign to promote tourism in the Overberg region – ON! – an Overberg business network launching on the 2nd of July.
If you happen to be travelling around Stanford, Hermanus, Elgin and Greyton in the next week, you might just spot this colourful caravan and its enthusiastic occupants, who are embarking on a week-long #GonzoTeaTrek to showcase the Overberg area.
You can see the #GonzoTeaTrek here:
- Wednesday 2 July: Tea and honey pairing at Graze in Stanford, Mad Hatter’s Tea Party at The Last Resort, and accommodation at Stanford Country Cottages
- Thursday 3 July: Picnic basket from Klein River Cheese, visit to Agulhas Honeybush Tea farm, exploring the coast, and accommodation at Whalesong Lodge in De Kelders
- Friday 4 July: ‘True Harvest’ event: yoga, raw food and organic treatment morning in Stanford by Mioja, tea and Von Geusau chocolate pairing in Greyton, and accommodation at The Blue Hippo
- Saturday 5 July: Tea caravan at the Greyton Market, and accommodation and good times at Old Mac Daddy Airstream trailer park in Elgin
- Sunday 6 July: Lunch and vegan wine tasting at South Hill, cider pairing and wholefood delights at Everson’s Cider, and accommodation at South Hill
- Monday 7 July: Visit to Gabrielskloof and Sharklady Adventures, gluten-free dinner at Fabio’s, and accommodation at High Season Farm
- Tuesday 8 July: Explore Hemel & Aarde Valley, lunch at Dutchies on the Blue Flag Grotto Beach, and accommodation at the Stanford Hotel
Use the hashtag #GonzoTeaTrek to follow them on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Google+.